In the world of cloud service providers, AWS(Amazon Web Services) cannot be underrated. Amazon Web Services involve a platform that provides reliable, easily accessible and cost-effective solutions that are designed for cloud computing. When it comes to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS), Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading in the market. It creates a scalable cloud application with no fear of delay.
This AWS is very easy to use as its user interface has been designed with an emphasis on simplicity. Despite this simplicity, it has everything you need in cloud services. This solution has a combination of the three important cloud services which are PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
Services offered by AWS
AWS Compute Services
- Through EC2, which is a virtual machine, OS level can be controlled in the cloud.
- LightSail deploys and manages the computer, networking and storage capabilities for running of applications.
- With Elastic Beanstalk, deployment and providing of resources can be automated.
- On the aspect of migration, AWS makes use of Database Migration Service (DMS) for the migration of databases. In other words, you can move your databases across different platforms.
- Snowball gives chance for terabytes of data to be transferred inside and outside the AWS environment.
- Amazon Glacier is used for storing data. It is very fast and well secured for data archiving and backup.
- With Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), there is block-level storage for Amazon EC2.
- AWS Storage Gateway connects software applications to cloud-based storage.
- Identity and Access Management ( IAM) helps in managing users, assigning policies, and forming groups.
- Report any form of vulnerabilities.
- Through Certificate Manager , the AWS provides free SSL certificates domains that are managed by Route53.
- Amazon DynamoDB allows for cost-effective storage and retrieval of data.
- Amazon ElastiCache eases deployment, operation, and scaling of an in-memory cache that can be sent to the cloud.
- CloudSearch creates a fully managed search engine for the website.
- ElasticSearch offers more advanced and functional features like application monitoring.
- Kinesis helps to stream and to analyze real-time data at a massive scale.
- QuickSight helps in creating visualizations in a dashboard for data in Amazon Web Services.
- CloudTrail offers an easy method of auditing AWS resources.
- OpsWorks allows automated Chef/Puppet deployments on the AWS environment.
- Service Catalog helps large enterprises to authorize which services users will be used and which won’t.
- Step Functions is a way of visualizing the activities within your application and the different types of microservices the app is utilizing.
- SWF (Simple Workflow Service) helps in coordinating both automated tasks and human-led tasks.
- SNS (Simple Notification Service) is used for sending notifications in the form of email and SMS based on given AWS services.
Deployment and Management
- AWS CloudTrail records AWS API calls and sends backlog files to you.
- AWS CloudHSM helps you meet corporate, regulatory, and contractual compliance requirements. These are important for ensuring data security through the utilization of the Hardware Security Module(HSM) appliances within the environment of AWS.
Leave a Reply