Blockchain technology has brought a revolution in the business industries across the globe. Just like the finance, healthcare, food, education, and real estate sectors that have readily welcomed Blockchain technology for its vast list of applications, the textile industry has also incorporated Blockchain into its systems.
Blockchain revolutionizing the textile industry:
A blockchain is a group of blocks transmitting digital information. Each block stores the user’s data and data related to the transaction. It includes the date and time of the event. Every block has its unique data set and is easily recognizable through a unique ‘HASH’ code.
- As per the reports by Forbes, implementation of the Blockchain will enhance more smart business procedures. It is because the belief will be dispersed, making the process more transparent.
- Blockchain is modifying the textile and apparel industry by introducing transparency from the initial stage till the finished garment is acquired.
- Transforming supply chain – Blockchain builds a decentralized peer-to-peer network that links all shareholders in the value chain from farmers to consumers and every other group in the entire supply chain. Due to its nature of decentralization, Blockchain ceases any chances of failure and does not rely on a third party.
- For a long time, consumers have desired to know the history of their garments, which led companies to focus on decentralized production of garments.
- Blockchain technology has increased transparency in the supply chain and between clothing brands and their customers.
- These brands are being more transparent about the value they are supplementing in their customer’s life. Retailers and brands are altering the business model by embracing new technologies and the shopping behaviour of customers. Trading cryptocurrencies can be a considerable hustle for beginners; click bitcoin system to know more about the online trading of digital currencies.
Tracking from farm to shop:
Tracing down and tracking the several parts of the process enables all parties involved to register different steps in the manufacturing of clothes.
- It provides unchangeable proof of production and prevents mass wastage in production, and offers a fair trade.
- Carlo Piacenza expressed his view on the importance of providing clients with higher quality products merging with innovation. The collaboration of IBM and Piacenza has allowed the company to work for absolute traceability and preserve the environment better.
- It is crucial to maintain transparency in an efficient supply chain, as pointed out by Carlo Piacenza. Their team in Haifa managed to overcome the issue by incorporating Blockchain technology into their structure.
- Using BTS, Piacenza and several other parties in the network can easily detect and pursue all aspects of the journey in the supply chain from farm to market.
- Other parties in the supply chain can also detect various steps in the procedure to analyze the different tax discounts available on the current price and regulations. They can also notice where these procedures took place.
- It enables them to clear customs and save time and resources as they do not need to wait for records and certificates.
- Other than documentation, Blockchain solutions can help businesses ensure that their product has not been interfered with and was delivered and stored as per the required norms.
- Also, it makes it easier to share data with clients on the emergence of the product’s material and the continuity of the process.
Blockchain enables a more straightforward scenario for trading and transmitting organic cotton from a fibril supplier to the distributor in an arranged order. Distributors can have several suppliers at each point in the supply chain stage, with other available arrangements. Therefore, to simplify the understanding, one channel and four sets of transactions are carried forward and registered on the distributed ledger.
Blockchain has introduced more strength to consumerism. Consumers can now demand and get access to the history of clothes they desire to wear. Blockchain technology has brought new solutions to several problems faced by the textile sector.